- 1A person who drinks a particular drink: coffee drinkersMore example sentences
- Conversations with local coffee drinkers, however, seems to show that location is the most important factor in selecting a java joint.
- Blood pressure went up in the non-coffee drinkers, but not in regular coffee drinkers.
- On one day, the coffee drinkers were given a 250-milligram dose of caffeine in the morning and again at lunchtime, equivalent to four cups of coffee in total.
- 1.1A person who drinks alcohol, especially to excess: a heavy drinkerMore example sentences
drunkard, drunk, inebriate, imbiber, tippler, sot, heavy drinker, hard drinker, serious drinker, problem drinker; alcoholic, dipsomaniac, chronic alcoholic, alcohol-abuser, alcohol addict, person with a drink problemUS • informal juicehead• archaic toper
- There are exactly two types of heavy drinkers: drunks and alcoholics.
- Rates of injury and injury-related death have been shown to be elevated substantially in samples of heavy drinkers and alcoholics.
- Many assumed that heart failure among Western heavy alcohol drinkers was due to associated nutritional deficiency states.
- 2 (also drinker moth) A large brownish European moth, the caterpillar of which bears irritant hairs and is noted for drinking dew.
More example sentences
- Euthrix potatoria, family Lasiocampidae
- Male drinker moths, seen in July, are large and reddish-brown with orange veins running through the wings.
- Drinker moths are fairly widespread throughout Britain.
- 3A container from which an animal can drink.More example sentences
- As your poultry drink from the drinker the level of water drops.
- When a thirsty bird sees the residual drop of water on the pin, it knows that it should go to the drinker to get water.