- (Of a fabric or garment) capable of drying without creasing when hung up after washing: drip-dry shirtsMore example sentences
- All eight pairs of underpants, four shirts, four string vests and three drip-dry slacks were burned to ash.
- It's enough to make you head off, sobbing, to buy a pair of Marks & Spencer stay-pressed slacks in easy-care drip-dry nylon.
- ‘Our bodies are drip-dry,’ says Wendy Bumgardner, Portland, Ore.-based marathon coach and about.com walking columnist.
verb[no object] Back to top
- 1(Of fabric or a garment) become dry without forming creases when hung up after washing: the pleats will drip-dry and stay inMore example sentences
- Hang one or two racks in a mud room or laundry room, and let shoes and garments drip-dry.
- Apart from anything else, I wore the latter in the Jacuzzi this afternoon and it's still drip-drying in my shower.
- In no time, he had the whole outfit draped over the shower curtain rod to drip-dry.
- 1.1 [with object] Dry (fabric or a garment) without creases by hanging it up: it’s easy to wash and simple to drip-dryMore example sentences
- Choosing bright, decorative hooks adds to the entry's appeal, and allows for drip-drying soggy clothes.
- They need gentle, cool washes and to be drip-dried, though not in the sun, because it deteriorates the wool.
More definitions of drip-dryDefinition of drip-dry in:
- The US English dictionary