noun[mass noun, usually as modifier]
- A semi-automatic and typically computer-regulated system for controlling the engine, handling, suspension, and other functions of a motor vehicle: [as modifier]: a drive-by-wire carMore example sentences
- The drive-by-wire throttle system has two modes - normal for on-road use, augmented by a slowerresponding calibration for creeping off-road.
- ‘For safety reasons,’ he explains, ‘we have decided to follow a step-by-step procedure when it comes to drive-by-wire systems.’
- While news about drive-by-wire systems (also known as x-by-wire) continues to fill the industry journals, expectations have yet to meet reality.
More definitions of drive-by-wireDefinition of drive-by-wire in:
- The US English dictionary