- Denoting a facility such as a cinema or restaurant that one can visit without leaving one’s car: a drive-in cinemaMore example sentences
- These eateries convert into drive-in restaurants at night.
- Many new features appeared on the landscape such as drive-in cinemas, service stations and shopping malls.
- News that York is to become home to Britain's first drive-in cinema was welcomed by local people today.
nounBack to top
- A drive-in facility: he bit into a huge burger at the drive-inMore example sentences
- Maybe it was a blip in history, with drive-ins and soda fountains, that's gone for good.
- You cannot imagine how different this film looked compared with most of the commercial releases I used to watch in the late 1950s, overlit studio pictures designed for drive-ins, with little sense of reality.
- It played continuously for 23 years, still booking drive-ins as late as 1977, and grossed an estimated $100 million.
More definitions of drive-inDefinition of drive-in in:
- The US English dictionary