- Nonsense: don’t talk such drivel!More example sentences
nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo• informal rot, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney• informal , • dated bunkumNorth American • vulgar slang crapolaAustralian/New Zealand • vulgar slang bulldust
- Now we'll see the difference between banal mass-market drivel and true untutored garbage.
- Such anthropomorphic drivel is codswallop, no matter who says it.
- I'd hand-write sheets and sheets of inane drivel and daily nonsense to all and sundry.
verb (drivels, drivelling, drivelled; US drivels, driveling, driveled)[no object] Back to top
- 1Talk nonsense: he was drivelling on about the glory daysMore example sentences
- It is a bit weird that the judges are constantly drivelling about innovation and blah.
- Boredom descended once again as the match drivelled towards the conclusion.
- I still enjoy creating and maintaining what you see here and, as I've said before, whilst that remains the case then I shall continue to keep on driveling.
- 2 • archaic Let saliva or mucus flow from the mouth or nose: the nurse leaves you to drivel, and never wipes your noseMore example sentences
- The elder is ever drivelling, the younger never has any salival discharge.
- Saliva driveled out his mouth, mucous out his nose.
- Ever since he driveled on my hand whilst I held apiece of zinc plating that he was cutting out in the field I realized that he was more than just a scientific supervisor.