Definition of droid in English:
1(In science fiction) a robot.
- The robots, the droids as they are called in these parts, were owned and used for various things.
- No actually my wonderful robot droid Malcolm is taking care of everything.
- The droids looked like a stereotypical sci-fi robot: they were hovering, with a spiked ‘halo’ as the lowest part of their structure.
1.1A person regarded as lifeless or mechanical: a marketing droid
More example sentences
- Our main suspicion was a sales droid on the fiddle.
- The thing is, this was not a sales droid but the official technical support person.
- So, while I am waiting for the sales droid to process my order I started talking to a couple about MP3 players.
1970s: shortening of android.
Words that rhyme with droidavoid, Boyd, Coed, Floyd, Freud, Lloyd, overjoyed, self-employed, unalloyed, underemployed, unemployed, void
Definition of droid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan