1(In science fiction) a robot.
- The robots, the droids as they are called in these parts, were owned and used for various things.
- No actually my wonderful robot droid Malcolm is taking care of everything.
- The droids looked like a stereotypical sci-fi robot: they were hovering, with a spiked ‘halo’ as the lowest part of their structure.
1.1A person regarded as lifeless or mechanical: a marketing droid
More example sentences
- Our main suspicion was a sales droid on the fiddle.
- The thing is, this was not a sales droid but the official technical support person.
- So, while I am waiting for the sales droid to process my order I started talking to a couple about MP3 players.
1970s: shortening of android.
Words that rhyme with droidavoid, Boyd, Coed, Floyd, Freud, Lloyd, overjoyed, self-employed, unalloyed, underemployed, unemployed, void
Definition of droid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.