- 1Die suddenly and unexpectedly: she had seen her father drop dead of a heart attackMore example sentences
- After his wife suddenly drops dead while vacuuming, his life takes an unexpected turn.
- Suddenly he drops dead and his soul is whisked away, to his not inconsiderable consternation, to heaven to be judged.
- Only later did the pair find out that it was also the name of a racehorse which had performed well in country meetings for a while before suddenly dropping dead.
- 1.1 [in imperative] • informal Used as an expression of intense scorn or dislike: why don’t you just drop dead?More example sentences
- ‘Neil really is a nice guy,’ I said coldly. ‘I hope you drop dead.’
- Every one of you guys should just drop dead and go to hell.
- William murmured into her ear through clenched teeth. ‘Drop dead.’
More definitions of drop deadDefinition of drop dead in:
- The US English dictionary