- A large, heavy weight raised mechanically and allowed to drop, as used in drop-forging and piledriving.More example sentences
- They are with young engineer Philip, from Cleveland, who has designed a trailer with a hydraulically-operated drop hammer that allows one person to fence off a field.
- Trimming should be carried out hot; furnace, drop hammer and trimming press should be as close together as possible to minimize preheating and avoid wasting time and heat.
- Because triphammers are relatively puny compared to drop hammers, they have to work with the materials they are forging.
More definitions of drop hammerDefinition of drop hammer in:
- The US English dictionary