- A small, thick pancake made by dropping spoonfuls of batter on to a griddle or other heated surface.More example sentences
- The name is also used in Britain and the USA for a griddle cake like a drop scone.
- Simply make a Scotch pancake (drop scone) batter and cook on one side until the top is firm enough to turn, stud the uncooked surface with blueberries, then flip over.
- So in order not to have too much comparison, I tend to make the little Scottish ones, drop scones.
More definitions of drop sconeDefinition of drop scone in:
- The US English dictionary