Definition of drop test in English:
A test of the strength of an object, in which it is dropped under standard conditions or a set weight is dropped on it from a given height.
- The abuse test had two parts: a drop test and a throw test.
- An instrumented drop test of the intraluminal stapler was conducted and documented using high-speed video.
- Canada's second entry, the Canadian Arrow, has just completed a drop test from 2400 metres into Lake Ontario.
- Example sentences
- The P - 32 has undergone extensive drop-testing at the H. P. White labs, as well as drop tests to military specifications at the factory passing all with flying colors.
- Now, I certainly don't recommend that you try this unless you're convinced that it won't damage whatever it is you're drop-testing; it's easy enough to do more harm than good!
- To meet its own transportation and testing needs, the army constructed an airfield at Huntsville Arsenal, where the United States Army Air Forces based a detachment of bombers and other aircraft used in drop-testing munitions.
Definition of drop test in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan