A test of the strength of an object, in which it is dropped under standard conditions or a set weight is dropped on it from a given height.
- The abuse test had two parts: a drop test and a throw test.
- An instrumented drop test of the intraluminal stapler was conducted and documented using high-speed video.
- Canada's second entry, the Canadian Arrow, has just completed a drop test from 2400 metres into Lake Ontario.
- Example sentences
- The P - 32 has undergone extensive drop-testing at the H. P. White labs, as well as drop tests to military specifications at the factory passing all with flying colors.
- Now, I certainly don't recommend that you try this unless you're convinced that it won't damage whatever it is you're drop-testing; it's easy enough to do more harm than good!
- To meet its own transportation and testing needs, the army constructed an airfield at Huntsville Arsenal, where the United States Army Air Forces based a detachment of bombers and other aircraft used in drop-testing munitions.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: drop test
Definition of drop test in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.