- A grass that readily drops its seeds.
More example sentences
- Genus Sporobolus, family Gramineae: several species, including the widespread North American sand dropseed (S. cryptandrus), which has a high yield of edible grain
- In Nina's small attached greenhouse, bags of prairie seed await sowing: the small spheroids of prairie dropseed.
- Page and Page listed corn, squash, beans, and some wild and semi-cultivated plants such as Indian millet, wild potato, and dropseed as staples of this period.
More definitions of dropseedDefinition of dropseed in:
- The US English dictionary