Definition of dropside in English:
(Of a cot or a truck) having a side that drops down to open.
- This dropside truck has served Nissan well in its previous forms and this latest version offers a very good payload to price ratio.
- Based on the popular NKR model, the 3.5t 4x2 rigid Grafter will be available as a strong, durable all-steel tipper body with either single or twin rear wheels, or as a dropside body with aluminium sides and single rear wheels.
- Multi-drop work with palletised loads make the dropside essential, the delivery order need not be so rigid but the driver must be aware of the non-uniform loading which the vehicle undergoes in such situations.
nounBack to top
A side of a cot or truck that drops down to open.
- For more conventional bodies, such as tippers or dropsides, you will more likely have the vehicle built line-side by the manufacturer in-house.
- The other big force has been makers realising the potential of the dropside at lower weight levels, with Toyota and Nissan's latest offerings looking particularly good for this sector.
Definition of dropside in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.