- 1The membrane or skin of a drum.More example sentences
- In the normally tradition-bound world of musical instruments, synthetic drumheads took over in an amazingly short time.
- He moved my hands and made the sticks pound against the drumheads and beat out a rhythm.
- This type of vinyl floor, being perimeter bonded, will now contract slightly, tightening like a drumhead over the next 24 to 48 hours.
- 2A winter cabbage of a flat-topped variety.More example sentences
- The lowest figure was obtained for a piece of drumhead cabbage.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Carried out by or as if by an army in the field; improvised or summary: a drumhead court martialMore example sentences
- He was indicted and faced a drumhead trial.
- They also failed to give live coverage to yesterday's drumhead service attended by 6,000 Royal Navy veterans and hosted by Brian Hanrahan and Kate Adie.
- He has at least publicly favoured proper trials over drumhead tribunals.
More definitions of drumheadDefinition of drumhead in:
- The US English dictionary