Definition of drumhead in English:
1The membrane or skin of a drum.
- In the normally tradition-bound world of musical instruments, synthetic drumheads took over in an amazingly short time.
- He moved my hands and made the sticks pound against the drumheads and beat out a rhythm.
- This type of vinyl floor, being perimeter bonded, will now contract slightly, tightening like a drumhead over the next 24 to 48 hours.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
Carried out by or as if by an army in the field; improvised or summary: a drumhead court martial
More example sentences
- He was indicted and faced a drumhead trial.
- They also failed to give live coverage to yesterday's drumhead service attended by 6,000 Royal Navy veterans and hosted by Brian Hanrahan and Kate Adie.
- He has at least publicly favoured proper trials over drumhead tribunals.
Words that rhyme with drumheadmuttonhead • spearhead
Definition of drumhead in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan