- A low oval mound or small hill, typically one of a group, consisting of compacted boulder clay moulded by past glacial action.More example sentences
- Here, a drumlin, an oval mound smooth-sculpted by glaciers, rises to give an uninterrupted panorama of sea, fields and forests from its grassy crown.
- About 10,000 years ago, boulders and soils trapped beneath retreating ice sheets were moulded into drumlins, and it is believed there is an island for each day of the year.
- A large interior plateau contains dense forests, thousands of lakes and peat bogs, and rocky infertile soils associated with a glacially modified landscape with numerous drumlins and eskers.
More definitions of drumlinDefinition of drumlin in:
- The US English dictionary