Definition of drummer in English:
1A person who plays a drum or drums.
- The studios have pianists and sometimes drummers or other musicians who improvise as the dancers dance.
- They reached their instruments and the drummer gave a drum roll to signify that they were ready.
- Each Scottish regiment also has pipers and drummers but these pipe bands are made up of combat soldiers, and are less formal than brass bands.
2 informal, chiefly US A travelling sales representative: a drummer in electronic software
More example sentences
- Her sumptuous meals caused drummers to arrange their schedules so they could stay at Miss Cora's.
- Their meeting in the cars is entirely fitting because Drouet is a creation of the city and the train, a traveling drummer for a leading Chicago dry-goods house.
Words that rhyme with drummerbummer, comer, hummer, midsummer, mummer, plumber, rummer, strummer, summa, summer
Definition of drummer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.