Definition of drumstick in English:
1A stick, typically with a shaped or padded head, used for beating a drum.
- Michael started to drum his drumsticks against the table, bored.
- Oskar, disgusted that the singing children are so undisciplined, pulls out his drumsticks and begins to drum.
- His fingers are swollen; he cannot hold his drumsticks to drum, or his fountain pen to write.
2The lower joint of the leg of a cooked chicken, turkey, or other fowl: a chicken drumstick
More example sentences
- Meat and fish stock soups, grilled jumbo prawns, barbecued chicken, lamb drumsticks and pork spare-ribs are winter specials served on rooftops.
- There were chicken drumsticks, prawns, spare ribs and even lobster!
- Lunch doesn't always have to be about sandwiches - soup with crackers, a chicken drumstick with a small baguette or a pancake rolled around a piece of farmer sausage are great alternatives.
Definition of drumstick in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.