Definition of drumstick in English:
1A stick, typically with a shaped or padded head, used for beating a drum.
- Michael started to drum his drumsticks against the table, bored.
- Oskar, disgusted that the singing children are so undisciplined, pulls out his drumsticks and begins to drum.
- His fingers are swollen; he cannot hold his drumsticks to drum, or his fountain pen to write.
2The lower joint of the leg of a cooked chicken, turkey, or other fowl: a chicken drumstick
More example sentences
- Meat and fish stock soups, grilled jumbo prawns, barbecued chicken, lamb drumsticks and pork spare-ribs are winter specials served on rooftops.
- There were chicken drumsticks, prawns, spare ribs and even lobster!
- Lunch doesn't always have to be about sandwiches - soup with crackers, a chicken drumstick with a small baguette or a pancake rolled around a piece of farmer sausage are great alternatives.
Definition of drumstick in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan