nounNorth American • informal
- A large prison cell for the detention of drunks: he woke up in the drunk tankMore example sentences
- Jack gets thrown in the drunk tank where he's beaten by his cellmate and then by the local sheriff, who also happens to be running for Congress.
- Ambulance service chiefs are hoping to set up an ‘alcohol triage centre’ - sometimes called a drunk tank - in a Leeds chapel's community room, normally used by slimming clubs.
- He believes there should be counsellors on staff at the drunk tanks.
More definitions of drunk tankDefinition of drunk tank in:
- The US English dictionary