- An electric battery consisting of one or more dry cells.More example sentences
- Wrought zinc has chemical characteristics particularly adapted to certain uses, such as dry batteries and photoengraver's plate, and offers combinations of desirable physical and mechanical properties at relatively low cost.
- The radio was very important and it ran on a dry battery; every time the battery ran out they had to go and get a new one.
- The program is in the development stage, but is expected to focus initially on wiring devices, dry batteries, circuit breakers, and wire.
More definitions of dry batteryDefinition of dry battery in:
- The US English dictionary