Clean (a garment) with an organic solvent, without using water: I had my winter coat dry-cleaned recently (as noun dry-cleaning) premises which offered dry-cleaning
More example sentences
- Launder or dry-clean all clothing and outerwear.
- A legal secretary decided to use e-mail as a weapon to publicly humiliate her boss, who had asked her for £4 to dry-clean trousers on which she had accidentally spilled some tomato sauce.
- Her dress has no label, except for the one that claims this garment should be dry-cleaned.
- Example sentences
- Start off by locating the dry-cleaner and laundry service closest to where you will be staying.
- For a place to be a convenient one to live in, there needs to be somewhere to get keys made; there needs to be a dry-cleaner; there needs to be a place to have a car repaired.
- After my hair appointment, we had to go and pick up Chandler's suit from the dry-cleaners and stop by the bakery to pick up the cake.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dry-clean
Definition of dry-clean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.