- An artificial fishing fly which is made to float lightly on the water: [as modifier]: dry-fly fishingMore example sentences
- The dry fly acts as a float would in coarse fishing and clearly shows a take as it is gets pulled under.
- For most of my river fishing I use a rod with a floating line and a nine foot leader together with a selection of artificial dry flies that have barbless hooks.
- It is funny how fishing dry flies can make people strike at every sign of movement around the fly; I am hardly one to criticise this, for I too am rather quick on the strike.
More definitions of dry flyDefinition of dry fly in:
- The US English dictionary