- Experience the reflex of vomiting; retch: I puked and puked until I was dry-heavingMore example sentences
- The doctor hurriedly picked her up and rushed her to a sink as she dry-heaved.
- Before I dry-heaved yet again, my eyes focused on something else.
- Hangovers and cleaning products don't mix well so I dry-heaved for a while.
nounBack to top
- An instance or feeling of retching: I feel the dry-heaves starting, the knee-jerk reaction to my anxiety attacksMore example sentences
- I puked again and then had the dry-heaves for several hours afterwards.
- My fit of dry heaves subsided after fifteen minutes or so.
- Afterwards, she experienced a severe headache, dry-heaves, a loss of vision and other health problems that continue today.
More definitions of dry-heaveDefinition of dry-heave in:
- The US English dictionary