- 1Solid carbon dioxide.More example sentences
- An example of sublimation occurs with dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide) when it is exposed to room temperature, or sulphur when it is heated gradually without being ignited.
- These ice caps are composed of both ice and dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide) and grow or shrink as the seasons change.
- In the solid form known as dry ice, it is widely used as a refrigerant.
- 1.1The cold dense white mist produced by solid carbon dioxide in air, used for theatrical effects: you couldn’t see him through the swirling mists of dry iceMore example sentences
- From the mist of dry ice and ‘80s techno music two solitary figures stepped forward into plain view.
- It has the soft rock music, dry ice, sparkly lights and people floating around as if they are popping off to a masked Venetian ball.
- The meal begins with a smoking tray of cold antipasti (with dry ice providing the smoke).
More definitions of dry iceDefinition of dry ice in:
- The US English dictionary