- A valley cut by water erosion but containing no permanent surface stream, typically one occurring in an area of porous rock such as limestone.More example sentences
- Limestone pavements, dry valleys, sink holes and fault lines are all encountered on this walk which visits the spectacular Malham Cove.
- Their outward journey to Jerusalem would take twenty days traveling on horseback across upland deserts and through dry valleys of volcanic rock.
- We turned right off the main road on to a dirt track and bounced on through a landscape of rocks and dry valleys.
More definitions of dry valleyDefinition of dry valley in:
- The US English dictionary