A common bracket fungus having a scaly yellowish-brown upper surface, found in both Eurasia and North America and edible when young.
- Polyporus squamosus, family Polyporaceae, class Hymenomycetes
More example sentences
- P. squamosus, the scaly polypore or dryad's saddle, also occurs in both Europe and North America.
- Dryad's saddle grows on living and dead hardwoods, mostly in Eastern North America, but occasionally in the west.
- Dryad's saddle is a mushroom that appears on dead trees, or on trees that soon will be dead.
Definition of dryad's saddle in:
- The US English dictionary