Definition of duathlon in English:
An athletic contest consisting of running and cycling events: Alex came first in the duathlon and second in the triathlon in the age group 16 to 19 years
More example sentences
- Remarkably, the World Championships represented only the fourth duathlon Benton had competed in - his first was earlier this year in Derbyshire.
- This duathlon was the World Championship Short Course, six mile run, twenty five mile bike, three mile run.
- The repellent will be tested at the First Monster 75 mile cycling and running duathlon around Loch Ness in September.
- Example sentences
- Fellow Christchurch duathlete Brenda Fortune won an age group bronze medal.
- He has since become quite an accomplished duathlete (fourth earlier this year at a World Cup duathlon in Switzerland) and is trying to improve his swimming to become a proficient triathlete.
- He finished second in that competition behind Great Britain's top elite duathlete and, in the process, booked his place for Belgium.
Definition of duathlon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.