Definition of duathlon in English:
An athletic contest consisting of running and cycling events: Alex came first in the duathlon and second in the triathlon in the age group 16 to 19 years
More example sentences
- Non-swimmers will enjoy participating in the run-bike duathlon.
- In 1999, I was competing professionally in both duathlon and cycling.
- Single and multi-sport athletes that come to adventure racing by way of running, cycling, paddling, triathlon and duathlon often struggle with the fact that a team can only move as fast as its slowest member.
- Example sentences
- Sunday in St Malo, more than 200 duathletes and triathletes competed in races, including some of the top junior triathletes in Canada in the first stop in a six-race nationwide series.
- Fellow Christchurch duathlete Brenda Fortune won an age group bronze medal.
- He has since become quite an accomplished duathlete (fourth earlier this year at a World Cup duathlon in Switzerland) and is trying to improve his swimming to become a proficient triathlete.
Definition of duathlon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan