- An acetate or test pressing of a vinyl record, typically one featuring a dub version of a reggae song that is not yet on general release: the hottest tunes could be heard on dubplates prior to their official releaseMore example sentences
- It had been doing the rounds as a dubplate (one-off acetate pressings of highly desirable tracks issued to DJs pre-release) since the 1976 Notting Hill Carnival, but didn't see general release for several years.
- That, my friends is called a test press or acetate or dubplate.
- He was a young DJ supporting their tunes, so they cut him a VIP dubplate and they all decided to work together after that.
More definitions of dubplateDefinition of dubplate in:
- The US English dictionary