- Like or relating to a duke or dukedom: the ducal palace in RouenMore example sentences
- The same criticism can be made of ducal palaces like Chatsworth, Stowe, Woburn, Blenheim, sequestered in their parks.
- Considered over a lifetime, written by a dying old man in the remnants of his ducal palace in Palermo, it is a threnody to a fallen patrician class.
- The viceroy's house, now the governor's, is a titanic white imitation of an English-county ducal palace.
late 15th century: from Old French, from duc 'duke'.
More definitions of ducalDefinition of ducal in:
- The US English dictionary