- see platypus.More example sentences
- There are only three living monotremes, the duck-billed platypus and two species of echidna, or ‘spiny anteaters’, such as the one shown at right.
- The only living descendants of monotremes are the strange duck-billed platypus of Australia and two species of spiny anteaters, or echidnas.
- These exotic egg-laying animals are represented by just three species: the duck-billed platypus and two echidnas.
More definitions of duck-billed platypusDefinition of duck-billed platypus in:
- The US English dictionary