- A chair fastened to the end of a pole, used formerly to plunge offenders into a pond or river as a punishment.More example sentences
- Then the apparatus of power comprised stocks, ducking stools, branding irons and the omnipresent shadow of the gallows.
- We will bring back the ducking stool for litter louts!
- And in this pool of water stood the ducking stool, where women received a drenching for their ‘crimes’ in days gone by.
More definitions of ducking stoolDefinition of ducking stool in:
- The US English dictionary