Definition of duiker in English:
noun (plural same or duikers)
1A small African antelope that typically has a tuft of hair between the horns, found mainly in forests.
- Cephalophus and other genera, family Bovidae: several species, including the common duiker (Sylvicapra grimmia), which is unusual in occurring in open savannah, and the very small blue duiker (Philantomba monticola), prized for its skin
- In the centre of the country, the alpine moorland and montane forests of Mt. Kenya and the Aberdares conceal rare bongo antelope, red duiker, suni, bushbuck, Giant forest hog and colobus monkeys.
- Nyika is well known for its wild flowers and birds, also in addition the one park where roan antelope are common, zebra, eland, common duiker, reedbuck, bushbuck, blue monkey and leopard are also present.
- Animals include duikers, eland and colobus, vervet and blue monkeys.
2South African A cormorant.
- Genus Phalacrocorax, family Phalacrocoracidae; several species, in particular the long-tailed cormorant, P. africanus
- Hundreds of wild birds, including the bigger varieties such as guineafowl, korhaan and partridges, and a few duiker, were killed in a hailstorm on the farm ‘Good Hope’ near Grahamstown this week.
- We found duiker, otter (one was seen fishing in a gully one morning) and genet spoor on the beach.
Words that rhyme with duikerbalalaika, biker, Formica, hiker, mica, pica, pika, piker, striker
Definition of duiker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.