- A cultivated cherry which is a hybrid between the sweet cherry and the sour cherry.
More example sentences
- Prunus × gondouinii, family Rosaceae
- Four to six weeks after petal fall, mature leaves of sour and duke cherries develop yellow and green mottle.
- The collections include varieties of the following crops: dessert, culinary, cider and ornamental apples; apricots; sweet, sour and duke cherries; European plums, damsons, bullaces, greengages, mirabelles, Japanese plums, cherry plums and myrobalans; ornamental Prunus; and dessert, culinary, perry and ornamental pears.
More definitions of duke cherryDefinition of duke cherry in:
- The US English dictionary