- An organ stop, typically with small conical open metal pipes.More example sentences
- These had an accident and all need their slots cut off, but dulcianas shouldn't have slots anyways.
- That is indeed what a large number of detuned dulcianas sound like at once!
- The volume of sound ranges from near inaudibility in dulcianas, to medium intensity in salicionals, to unbelievably loud in theater organ solo strings.
late 18th century: via medieval Latin from Latin dulcis 'sweet'.
More definitions of dulcianaDefinition of dulciana in:
- The US English dictionary