- (In Roman Catholic theology) the reverence accorded to saints and angels. Compare with latria.More example sentences
- In the twelfth century the distinction between latria and dulia finally became common knowledge.
- The reply of our Lord to the tempter seems purposely framed so as to include both latria and dulia.
- Finally, all the angels and canonized Saints receive what is called veneration, given in Latin as dulia.
late Middle English: via medieval Latin from Greek douleia 'servitude', from doulos 'slave'.
More definitions of duliaDefinition of dulia in:
- The US English dictionary