- Simplified so as to be intellectually undemanding and accessible to a wide audience: the dumbed-down nature of modern politicsMore example sentences
- This is a serious comic novel, a withering satire on dumbed-down culture, a gently ironic look at devotions and ambitions, and a redemptive parable about coping with grief.
- The movie celebrates the pleasures of conversation, a quality that's been denigrated over the last few dumbed-down decades of American film.
- It's a tepid, dumbed-down attempt at making Othello palatable for young audiences.
More definitions of dumbed-downDefinition of dumbed-down in:
- The US English dictionary