nounUS • trademark
- A very large container for rubbish; a skip.More example sentences
- Adam and I were discussing their door-slamming, right before I was about to take out a bag of rubbish to the dumpster.
- Nowadays, those dumpsters contain something far more valuable: hard drives.
- Wallace has found his images in dumpsters and recycling bins, or friends who knew he was actively collecting photographic discards had given them to him.
1930s: originally Dempster Dumpster, proprietary name (based on dump) given by the American manufacturers, Dempster Brothers of Knoxville, Tennessee.
More definitions of dumpsterDefinition of dumpster in:
- The US English dictionary