Definition of dung in English:
The excrement of animals; manure.
- The scent of dung from the nearby manure pile also makes it difficult to breathe.
- They also provide dung for manure and fuel, and they pull ploughs and carts.
- Muck in the seventeenth century meant, unequivocally, animal dung.
verb[no object] Back to top
1.1 [with object] Drop or spread dung on (a piece of ground).
- But avoid dunging ground that you plan to use for carrots and parsnips
- It is said ‘the earth neither grows old nor wears out if it is fed and dunged’, though getting hold of a good supply of well-rotted muck isn't always easy.