Definition of dung in English:
The excrement of animals; manure.
- The scent of dung from the nearby manure pile also makes it difficult to breathe.
- They also provide dung for manure and fuel, and they pull ploughs and carts.
- Muck in the seventeenth century meant, unequivocally, animal dung.
verb[no object] Back to top
1.1 [with object] Drop or spread dung on (a piece of ground).
- But avoid dunging ground that you plan to use for carrots and parsnips
- It is said ‘the earth neither grows old nor wears out if it is fed and dunged’, though getting hold of a good supply of well-rotted muck isn't always easy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia