- A mouse-like insectivorous marsupial with a pointed snout and prominent eyes, found in Australia and New Guinea. Also called marsupial mouse.
More example sentences
- Genus Sminthopsis, family Dasyuridae: many species, including the common dunnart (S. murina)
- We could go out at night with a spotlight and cast it around and see little gleaming eyes shines all over from Mulgaras and hopping mice and dunnarts and so on.
- We then looked at a second species, a little shrew like creature called the dunnart and this has a very different life style.
- These include bush tomato, parakeelya and parrot pea or bird flowers, as well as the dunnart, mala, honeyant, piedish beetle and case moths.
1920s: from Nyungar danart.