Definition of duodecimal in English:
Relating to or denoting a system of counting or numerical notation that has twelve as a base.
- In a duodecimal system (base twelve) why are letters sometimes used instead of numbers?
- The duodecimal calendar has survived since Babylonian times for a reason.
- The regime didn't like the 12-base, or duodecimal, calendar (inherited from antiquity and early Christianity), so it tried to impose a decimal calendar.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- duodecimally adverb
- Example sentences
- Most common timings could be handled duodecimally with no need for time signatures.
- His plan would teach people to count duodecimally with two new digits: eight nine deck ell ten; and this by itself would recommend it, as duodecimal arithmetic is a coming reform.
- The figures, however, are obviously artificial, for they are usually round sums and, like the geld, frequently duodecimally based.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.