- 1A set of two things.More example sentences
- Calculation of plausible maps using the Metropolis algorithm indicates that changes of the following duplets of markers are acceptable.
- Observed frequencies were calculated as proportion of AG among all possible 16 duplets in a certain position.
- 1.1 Music A pair of equal notes to be performed in the time of three.More example sentences
- In ‘Lament,’ the melody moves above continuous quarter note duplets in 6/4 meter, while ‘Elves’ features a jaunty tune in dotted rhythm, supported by open fifths.
mid 17th century (as a dicing term in the sense of doublets (see doublet): from Latin duplus 'duple', on the pattern of doublet. Current senses date from the 1920s.
More definitions of dupletDefinition of duplet in:
- The US English dictionary