Definition of duplication in English:
1The action or process of duplicating something: an attempt to avoid unnecessary duplication of effort
More example sentences
- That would simply lead to a proliferation of bodies, unnecessary duplication of costs and effort, and coordination problems.
- Now, the idea there, as I understand it, is to avoid unnecessary duplication between submissions.
- All parties were permitted to be represented at the various phases in a manner designed to avoid unnecessary duplication.
1.1 [count noun] Genetics A DNA segment in a chromosome which is a copy of another segment.
- The screen that generated these new sc alleles also produced autosomal duplications.
- This homolog maps on chromosome 10L and is part of the most recent set of segmental duplications in the maize genome.
- Why are there so many segmental duplications in the human genome?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan