- Denoting or relating to continuing action. Contrasted with punctual.More example sentences
- Time adverbials introduced by until impose restrictions on the aspectual class of the main clause they combine with: they only combine with durative sentences.
- Figure 6 depicts a basic durative action, load-truck, in which there is no numeric change.
- Despite the fact that it is not used compulsorily (as in English), Dutch has two durative constructions.
More definitions of durativeDefinition of durative in:
- The US English dictionary