- (Of a composition, especially a song) not based on repeated sections or verses, especially having different music for each verse. Also called through-composed.More example sentences
- His music was not composed in small blocks, but was durchkomponiert - composed with ongoing continuity.
- In durchkomponiert music like Wagner, no matter how stunning, you keep quite as a mouse until the end of the act.
- The durchkomponiert character of this movement may also represent an homage to Schumann, who developed that style in his lieder.
from German, from durch 'through' + komponiert 'composed' (because the music is different throughout).
More definitions of durchkomponiertDefinition of durchkomponiert in:
- The US English dictionary