- Grain sorghum of the principal variety grown from NE Africa to India.
More example sentences
- Sorghum bicolor variety durra, family Gramineae; white durra is variety cernuum
- For most Sudanese, the staple food is durra, used to make breads and porridge.
- While Bordeaux wines rely heavily on Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes, Gaillac uses the unusual brancol and dura, as well as the better known Syrah and Merlot varieties.
late 18th century: from Arabic ḍura, ḍurra.
More definitions of durraDefinition of durra in:
- The US English dictionary