- A bird’s act of rolling in dust to clean its feathers.More example sentences
- Birds need grit and places they can take a dust bath, which helps them rid their feathers of mites and other parasites.
- Too many critics seem to treat their own writings more as a dust bath for something bothering them than as a means of slaking the thirst for knowledge of the professional or amateur student.
- Now that most of the old undergrowth has been removed the birds are swooping to get all the insects and worms I've disturbed as well as enjoying the occasional dust bath.
More definitions of dust bathDefinition of dust bath in:
- The US English dictionary