- 1An area of land where vegetation has been lost and soil reduced to dust and eroded, especially as a consequence of drought or unsuitable farming practice.More example sentences
- Huge flocks of sheep and goats in the northwest are stripping the land of its protective vegetation, creating a dust bowl on a scale not seen before.
- In China, for instance, shrinking forests, deteriorating rangelands, eroding croplands, and falling water tables are converging to expand deserts and create a dust bowl of historic dimensions.
- From the dust bowl of the Kalahari Desert to the flood plains of the Okavango Delta, Botswana is an untouched wilderness.
More definitions of dust bowlDefinition of dust bowl in:
- The US English dictionary