- A small whirlwind or air vortex over land, visible as a column of dust and debris: the wind kicked up dust devils in the streetMore example sentences
- Since the electrified particles are in motion, and a magnetic field is just the result of moving electric charges, the dust devil generates a magnetic field also.
- There was a large sighted dust devil and a barn in Maine damaged by a dust devil.
- A furious gust of wind swirled around them and a dust devil appeared before them.
More definitions of dust devilDefinition of dust devil in:
- The US English dictionary