- A removable paper cover, generally with a decorative design, used to protect a book from dirt or damage.More example sentences
- You don't say whether the book has its original dust jacket, but if it does and it is in good condition then the book is worth about £35 to £40 as it is likely to be a first edition.
- You have to pound the pavement in search of sources, burn the candle at both ends to write engaging sentences, and worst of all, you have to read the whole blurb on the dust jacket of a book for that deep, deep background.
- He responded by pointing to a photo on the dust jacket of his book.
More definitions of dust jacketDefinition of dust jacket in:
- The US English dictionary