- 1A coat worn for protection against dust.More example sentences
- The strikers had returned to work after a previous strike action in June this year after management had promised to supply protective clothing - dustcoats, welding masks, overalls, clear goggles, gloves and dust masks.
- Those early pictures in the family album showing ladies with hats, veils and scarves and men in dustcoats were not so much fashion statements as a reflection of necessity.
- ‘Looking for anything in particular?‘said the shopkeeper, who was a shortish, grey-haired man in a brown dustcoat.
- 1.1 another term for duster ( sense 2).