- The cycle of operation of a machine or other device which operates intermittently rather than continuously.More example sentences
- The technical specifications of a tape drive indicate how high a duty cycle it will best operate in.
- Reliability numbers are based and predicated on an expected duty cycle and mode of operation.
- In terms of intermittent exercise, this means the duty cycle must decrease as exercise intensity increases if the exercise is to be repeated without a decline in performance.
More definitions of duty cycleDefinition of duty cycle in:
- The US English dictionary