- 1A soft quilt filled with down, feathers, or a synthetic fibre, used instead of an upper sheet and blankets.More example sentences
- Use layers of thin blankets rather than duvets or quilts.
- You can help by donating blankets, sheets, duvets, guilds, curtains and other such items but they must be clean and in good condition.
- Used and unused clothes, together with blankets, sheets and duvets are most welcome.
- 1.1 (also duvet jacket) A thick down-filled jacket worn by mountaineers.More example sentences
- Thank the Lord I was wearing my shower-proof duvet jacket and winter boots.
mid 18th century: from French, literally 'down' (see down2).
More definitions of duvetDefinition of duvet in:
- The US English dictionary